If you’re an American Express Platinum cardholder, then you know about the amazing Centurion Lounges. These lounges offer a wide variety of benefits, including free food, drinks, and Wi-Fi. They’re a great place to relax before your flight or to catch up on some work.
What is Centurion Lounge?
The Centurion Lounge is a membership-based lounge that provides a haven for American Express cardholders traveling through Denver International Airport. Centurion® Lounges offer amenities to cardholders for free but you must have the Amex Platinum card of the Centurion card.
As of May 2022, Amex has 24 Centurion locations, 13 local, and 11 international.
Amex Lounge in Denver
On February 1, 2021, Amex announced the opening of its 14th Centurion lounge in Denver International Airport.
Read the press release here.
At the time, Alexander Lee, Vice President of American Express Travel Experiences and Benefits, said Denver is “one of the most frequented airports by our premium card members”
This is the first non-airline lounge to be opened in Denver. The opening in 2021 was delayed following earlier plans to have it open by 2019 before the Covid Pandemic struct and paralyzed the airline industry.
The Denver City Council approved plans of construction earlier with estimates of how much it cost is $20 million.
Where is the Denver Amex Lounge located?
It is located on concourse C mezzanine near gate 46 on the east end of the concourse.
Accessible to all gates in Concourses A, B, and C—to access Concourse C, passengers must use the train.
The yellow star in the image below denotes the exact location of the Centurion lounge at DEN.
How big is Denver’s Centurion Lounge?
The Centurion Lounge at Denver spans 14,000 square feet making it the second biggest Centurion lounge behind JFK’s Centurion lounge which spans 15,000 square feet.
Who can access Amex Lounge in Denver?
- Platinum Card Members,
- Centurion Members and
- Delta SkyMiles Reserve Card Members.
Day passes for this Centurion lounge are not available for purchase.
Images of Centurion/Amex Lounge in Denver:
Image showing the bar area:
Image showing menu items;
See more images of the lounge posted by Flydenver here.
What are the hours?
The Denver Centurion lounge is open daily from 7 am to 8 pm
Amenities at Amex Lounge in Denver
- Craft Beer Bar*
- Dedicated Work Area
- Dining Space
- Game Room
- General Lounge
- Live Action Station
- Main Bar*
- Multipurpose/Family Room
- Phone Room
Food Menu at Denver’s Centurion
Continental Breakfast: 7 am – 7:30 am
Breakfast: 7:30 am – 11:30 am
- Tortilla Española with Potatoes, Peppers and Onion
- Eggs Stanley with Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Sweet Potato & Broccolini
- Gubana French Toast with Pecans, Pistachios, Hazelnuts, Cinnamon and Raisins
- Almond Flour Waffle with Date Butter
Lunch & Dinner: 11:30 am – 7:30 pm
- Quinoa Salad with Cucumber, Tomato, Roasted Cauliflower, Olives, Oranges and Pine Nuts
- Chestnut Soup with Honeycrisp Apple and Speck
- Grilled Chicken with Salsa Verde, Amatriciana Potatoes, and Green Beans
- Rigatoni al Portonat | Rigatoni with Prosciutto and Poppy Seeds
- Basque Cheesecake
- Roasted Carrot Salad with Cashews, Pomegranate, and Mint
- Chicken Tortilla Soup with Sour Cream, Cilantro, Fried Tortilla Strips and Lime
- Maiale Tonnato | Pork Loin with Capers and Tonnato Sauce
- Girini di Pasta | Spelt Pasta with Guanciale, Zucchini, Rosemary and Montasio Cheese
Limited Alcohol Offerings: 7 am – 10:30 am
Cocktails & Full Bar: 10:30 am – 7:30 pm
- Bragging Right | Hot Filtered Water, Lemon, Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar, Maple Syrup
- Dogs Out | Woody Creek Vodka, Elevation Porter, Leopold Brothers French Press-Style American Coffee Liqueur, Thai Kitchen Organic Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- Grail Ale | Denver Beer Co. IPA, Izze Grapefruit Soda
- Bobby Pin | Scarpetto Proseco, Leopold Brothers Apertivo, Three Pins Alpine Herbal Liqueur
- Cold Byrrh | Avery Liliko’I Kepolo Wheat Beer, Byrrh Grand Quinquina, Leopold Brothers Mountain Blackberry Liqueur
- High Plains Sip Stir | Żubrówka Bison Grass Vodka, Leblon Cachaça, Dolin Blanc Vermouth, Suze
- Karwinski Lift | Coconut Water, Excellia Reposado Tequila, Chareau Aloe Liqueur, Giffard White Crème de Cacao, Cinco Sentidos Bicuise Mezcal
- Rocky Fence | Woody Creek Rye Whiskey, Leopold Brothers New York Sour Apple Liqueur, Cocktailpunk Alpino Bitters
- Prosecco | Nino Franco | Valdobbiadene | Italy
- Sparkling Rosé | Riondo ‘Extra Dry’ | NV| Veneto | Italy
- Pinot Grigio DOC | Terlato | 2018 | Colli Oriental del Fruili | Italy
- Sauvignon Blanc | Wairau River | 2018 | Marlborough | New Zealand
- Frico IGT | Bianco del Venezie | 2019 | Italy
- Ros’Aura | Fuedi di San Gregorio | 2019 | Italy
- Chianto Sangiovese | Cecchi | 2018 | Tuscany
- Nero d’Avola | Cusumano | 2019 | Sicily
- Barbera del Monferrato DOC | Scarpetta | 2018 | Piedmont | Italy
- Rosso di Toscano Sangiovese/Merlot | IL Poggione | 2018 | Tuscany | Italy
- Cabernet Sauvignon | The Federalist | 2017 | Lodi | California
My name is Alex Mutuma and I founded this blog, Airport LLC as a way to document and engage with clients in my travel consulting business. Airportllc.com is the only source of over 2,000 fun things flyers could do during layovers.
Over the past 7 years, I have designed and planned tour packages for hundreds of clients and have recently focussed on the mission of changing boring layovers to excellent mini-vacations by giving you the best suggestions on must-do activities when flying over different airports.
Next time you or your friend are looking for suggestions on what to do in some airport, remember Airport LLC or Airportllc.com. On this site, you’ll get the best suggestions available on the internet regarding hand-picked activities that will fulfill your airport experience.
I currently reside in New York City and have obtained a license to provide professional tour guidance at Airports in the US and across the world. Why should you listen to my suggestions? I have flown through more than 100 airports in the world and fortunately, I have pictures, stories, and tips to share with you regarding all the fun stuff you can do as you wait for your next flight.
Aside from gaining thousands of flying miles, I am also a travel consultant assisting clients with bookings and specifically advance tour bookings of things to do at airports when the layover is longer than 5 hours.
To make a 15-minute free things-to-do consultation with Alex, use my email, email@example.com.
This is only recommended for flyers with long layovers of over 5 hours. If your layover is 3+ hours, you can still reach out but we cannot guarantee the ideal package that will change your layovers to mini-vacations. I only support clients flying through US airports and a select number of cities across the world.
Name: Alex Mutuma
Profession: A professional travel consultant with a focus on airport activities to do during layovers
Phone: +1 945 348 889
Location: 322 Main Packway Street, Boston, US